Abortion is legal in the United States, but it is not legal to cut corners in an abortion clinic to save money, unfortunately this seems to be the norm in clinics around the country. Please understand that women who have abortions are very easily victimized because of the personal and spiritual issues surrounding the issue. Therefore, it is extremely important that you report to the State of Arkansas any issues you may have been subject to, or witnessed on behalf of a friend or family member. Anyone can make a complaint on behalf of a patient. It can be anonymous or you can provide a name and address, supplying a name and address is always better, but the State understands that many times women will not place a complaint unless it is anonymous.
We want to encourage our readers to not allow themselves to be victimized and to File a Complaint on line by going here: ://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/hsLicensingRegulation/HealthFacilityServices/Pages/ComplaintForm.aspx. You can also call or fax a complaint in by using the following number: : 501-661-2201
Fax: 501-661-2165 or email it by using the email link on the form. You can also contact us and we can do it on your behalf.
Here is a list of things to include in your complaint and issues you may have been subjected to or witnessed:
Name and contact info or do you wish to remain anonymous, date of visit
– unprofessional conduct by staff members
-saw dirty, dusty and blood stained areas and instruments in the clinic ,
– noticed that your blanket was blood stained and not in a new sterile package,
-obtained an infection after being a patient or experienced pain and had complications that lead you to receive follow up care either with another doctor or at an emergency room after your procedure ,
-if you were a 2 day patient who was allowed to leave the facility and travel back home hours away from the clinic and experienced complications overnight
– observed drugs in the facility that were not properly locked up
– if you were forced to abort your child by a parent or relative or staff member or coerced in any way.
– if you were a minor under the age of 16 and impregnated by a relative and the clinic did not report it to the police
-if you had an abortion past 20 weeks
-if you actually gave birth or went into labor outside of the clinic
– if you were threatened by anyone
– and anything else you feel is important to report